A Home Library Essential
Explore the countries and regions of the world with this complete all-in-one resource. The new Encyclopedia Britannica World Atlas contains comprehensive content that ranges from stunning satellite images of every continent to detailed plans of the world's greatest cities. Balanced coverage of all regions of the world, authoritative information, and colorful maps enrich your learning experience. With the full benefits of satellite imaging, laser measurements, and other modern and accurate mapping techniques, Encyclopaedia Britannica is proud to bring you a comprehensive atlas of our planet.
- 218 pages of mapping, with completely up-to-date reference maps, include detailed information at a large scale.
- An introductory section , The World Today, includes Geographical Comparisons, Planets, Earthquakes and Volcanoes, Climate, Vegetation, Population and Cities, and Energy.
- The maps are organized by continent: Europe, Africa, North America, South America, Asia, Oceania, and Antarctica. Each continental section of maps is introduced by a stunning satellite image.
- The extensive Index has over 130,000 place name entries from the reference maps. Cross-referencing to alternative and former names is also possible.
- 32 detailed plans of the world's greatest cities are provided.
- The index is also accompanied by a glossary of geographical terms.
|Shop with Confidence||About Us||My Account||Follow Us||Search|