You may pay for your purchases on Crossword.in using one of the following options:-
Secure Card payments
Secure Net Banking Options
1. You can make a payment through Net Banking directly from your Bank account. It works just like you make payments from your bank account.
2. On the Billing Information page choose Net Banking from the payment options and click on ‘Pay' button at the bottom, Choose the Internet option & select your preferred bank from the drop down.
3. You will be diverted to your Bank’s login page from where you can login using your Net Banking login id and password and complete the payment. After the payment is successfully completed you will be diverted back to our site where your order confirmation will be generated.
Banks Active for Net Banking.
Shamrao Vithal Bank Ltd.
South Indian Bank Ltd
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
4. At no point during the transaction, does Crossword captures or stores your full bank account or Net Banking details. We process the order based on the confirmation received from your bank.
5. The Net banking facility is provided through India CC Avenue Payment Gateway.
Cash on Delivery (COD) Service:-
We offer “Cash on delivery” (COD) service only to limited items and limited pin codes in India.
On the Product detail page for any item, you will see an image for “COD” or “Cash on Delivery” respectively, ONLY if the service is applicable to the particular item.
On Product detail page you can verify for the PINCODES serviceable under “Cash on Delivery”.
To buy the COD item, you can just click on the “Buy this now” button on the product detail page and proceed to checkout. You have to select the payment mode as “Cash on Delivery”. You have to create a separate order for items that are available on COD payment options. For example if you have a COD and a Non COD item in your shopping cart, while proceed to check out you will have to remove the Non COD item and then go onto the billing page.
On Selection of COD as payment option you will get a button to “Generate COD Verification code”, kindly enter the verification code that is sent on your registered mobile number and then your order will be confirmed.
Please note on receipt of order we will verify the order by calling you on the cell number provided in the shipping address.
Ø Hence it is Mandatory to enter contact number in the Shipping Address for COD billings.
Ø Once the Order is verified we will start its procurement.
7. The shipment will arrive at your shipping address in the specified timelines as mentioned on the product detail page of the item.
8. You will have to pay for the EXACT invoice value when our courier person visits your shipping address along with the shipment. All payments are to be made by CASH only. We do not accept Gift vouchers, Credit notes or any other payment mode for “Cash on delivery” shipments. We are not responsible for excess payment made by you to the courier person.
9. Please check the physical condition of the shipment before payment. All shipments are sent to you in tamper-evident packaging. In the unlikely event that the package delivered to you is not in sealed condition or looks like it has been opened or tampered with, please do not accept the same, or insist on open delivery and acknowledge receipt only after you have verified the contents are in order as per the accompanying invoice. In case you are not the recipient, please communicate the same to the recipient as well.
10. We will give a call on the phone number provided by you before we attempt the delivery of the shipment, this is to confirm your availability on delivery. If we are not able to talk to you then we will hold the shipment. We are not responsible for the delay of the shipment in such cases.
11. You are requested to be available or arrange for your person to receive the delivery once you have made the purchase. We deliver only during office hours. We do not deliver on Sundays and Public holidays. You can also put in your comments in the order Instruction slot available on the billing page, we will try our best to satisfy your request.
12. We allow a maximum order value of Rs.10, 000/- for every COD shipment. You will have to raise a new order for the other items (if any).
13. The COD service is not applicable to BRP [Book Rewards Program enrollment kit] and Crossword Gift vouchers.
14. If you wish to exchange or return the products, pls call our customer service on (+91) (022) 4249 8084 / 1800 3000 1203 / 3368 5045 between 9AM and 9PM on all days or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. www.crossword.in reserves all rights to accept or reject your COD order.
16. All other Terms & Conditions of www.crossword.in will be applicable. www.crossword.in reserves all rights to change any COD terms without prior information to you. You are requested to read the Terms and Conditions on the www.crossword.in before you make your purchases.
17. If you had any issues, please write to us and we will get them resolved for you as soon as possible. You can also call us on (+91) (022) 4249 8084 / 1800 3000 1203 / 3368 5045 between 9AM and 9PM on all days. Your feedback will help us make the shopping experience on our site better for all our customers.
You can get discounts on your payments through our special coupon codes, these are promotional coupon codes provided to you for specific promotions and events for the use of Crossword.in only.
Book Rewards Point Redemptions:-
You online account id at https://www.crossword.in// is different from your Book rewards account. You do not need to be a Book Rewards Programme (BRP) member to create a Crossword.in account. However, if you are a BRP member, you should provide your BRP 10 digit account no at the time of buying online on the billing page during checkout, in order to accrue points online. You will not be able to redeem your BRP points online as of now, for redeeming the points you will have to visit your nearest crossword store.
Your Credit/ Debit card/ Net banking account will be authorized for the full value of your order.
Under no circumstances will you be charged for more than the total order value.
Customers who enroll online for the Books Rewards Program of Crossword (fees as applicable) are not auto linked for earning the BRP points as of now and have to enter the BRP 10 digit account no at the time of buying online on the billing page during checkout in order to accrue points online. (Registration with Crossword.in does not make you eligible for BRP benefits, until you enroll for the BRP membership).
Other payment options
1. We will shortly be introducing e-gift vouchers – a unique way of online gifting, which allows the flexibility and convenience of standard gift vouchers for use on Crossword.in only.
2. We do not accept physical Gift vouchers on Crossword.in (i.e. the ones issued in our stores).
We will soon introduce other payment options, to make online shopping on Crossword.in even more convenient. Also, for your assistance and faster resolution of your queries, we have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) with our answers to them. You can find those in the FAQs section.
© 2010-2018 Crossword Bookstores Ltd. All Rights Reserved.