Go on a real-life maths journey to practise the core topics of numbers, geometry, statistics, ratio & proportion, algebra and measurement. Through data visualisation methods, including colourful diagrams, pictograms, illustrations, photographs and infographics, Go Figure! brings maths into the real world in an innovative, exciting and engaging visual way. It makes even the trickiest problem easier to understand and builds valuable confidence in maths!
Find out how the maths you learn at school can help you go on an adventure through the world of computer gaming!
Maths challenges encourage you to use real data and fascinating facts to solve mathematical problems that will help you on your way!
An exciting adventure series, designed to get children back into maths!
- 1: Mission 1: Screen ready (ratio, multiplication and division)
- 2: Mission 2: Demon driver (speed, distance and time)
- 3: Mission 3: Leader-board scores (large numbers and place value)
- 4: Mission 4: 3D challenge (3D shapes and volume)
- 5: Mission 5: War wizards (percentages and ratio)
- 6: Mission 6: Money maze (co-ordinates)
- 7: Mission 7: Jet fighter (time intervals)
- 8: Mission 8: Isolation (solving equations)
- 9: Mission 9: Aim and fire! (linear graphs)
- 10: Mission 10: Accuracy ratings (fractions and percentages)
- 11: Mission 11: Transforming troops (geometrical translations and Pythagoras' theorem)
- 12: Mission 12: Shape-shooter (shapes and angles)
- 13: Answers to maths challenges
- 14: Glossary and Index