Written by the Marine Conservation Society, this book will teach you everything you need to know about living a plastic-free life. Blue Planet II helped to highlight the damage we have done to the planet and the obscene amount of plastic polluting our oceans. But by taking some simple steps and making a few changes to your daily routine, YOU really can make a positive difference now and for future generations.
Structured as 'a day in the life', the chapters start with a typical morning routine and take you through your day, giving you tips and practical advice for removing unnecessary plastic at every possible opportunity. From the moment you wake up, to the time you go to bed, you will learn how easy it can be to use plastic-free cosmetics, how to have plastic-free mealtimes, how to change your shopping habits and how to consider your use of plastic items at work.
These simple, achievable methods will show that you don't need to make a huge change to your lifestyle to make a huge change to the future of our planet.
Whether you go plastic-free for an hour, a day, or a year, let's all stop the plastic tide now. Our oceans will thank you for it.
Choking. Starving. Poisoning. That's what plastic litter is doing to marine life. The facts are stark and astonishing:
* 8 tonnes of plastic are dumped into the sea every minute
* An estimated 300 billion pieces of plastic are currently floating in the Arctic Ocean
* Approximately 100,000 marine creatures and 1 million sea birds die from plastic entanglement each year
* Some areas of our ocean contain six times more microplastics than plankton
* More plastic than fish in our seas is a possibility by 2050
* Around 40% of UK beach litter can be directly sourced to the public