In this ground-breaking new book, Ram Charan, co-author of the bestselling Execution, redefines leadership by focusing on eight specific practical skills that, if mastered, are guaranteed to bring success.
1. Positioning - formulating a clear central idea that chimes with your customers' desires and allows the business to be profitable.
2. Detecting patterns - recognising key variables that may create barriers to growth.
3. Managing the social system - influencing the workplace environment so that people can pull together and make the right decisions at the right time.
4. Selecting (and deselecting) people - spotting talent, and making the change when the fit isn't right.
5. Leading your management team - trusting, and inspiring, an effective team of managers.
6. Setting goals - deciding what the business can achieve.
7. Setting priorities - assessing the actions that need to be taken in order to meet your goals.
8. Dealing with external parties - making sure that outside power groups beyond your control do not affect your business unduly.
Praise for Execution:
'A great practitioner and an insightful theorist join forces to write a compelling business story of 'how to get it done"
'One of the world's most renowned management consultants and authors.' Fast Company
Widely acclaimed as one of our greatest business strategists, Ram Charan is the author of over a dozen books, including the perennial bestseller Execution. Formerly an award-winning professor at Harvard Business School, he has advised the CEOs of some of the world's most successful companies - including Coca-Cola, Bank of America, Tata, 3M, GE and Verizon.