Grant Brydon is a London-based writer whose work explores the intersection of hip-hop and mental health. During his decade-long career as a journalist, he has interviewed some of the world's biggest hip-hop artists. He also hosts the podcast Making Conversation with Grant Brydon. His writing has been published by Highsnobiety, Clash, Esquire, Vice, and many more.
Ketu the Artist is an LA-based artist and illustrator. He has worked with global brands, including Universal Music Group, Facebook, Adobe, NFL and Netflix.
Take control of your narrative and become the best version of yourself with 50 Hip-Hop inspired lessons that will motivate a new generation.
Grant Brydon has interviewed some of the biggest names in hip-hop. Here he shares the creative directions and tips derived from one-on-one conversations with Pharrell Williams, J Cole, Big Sean, Nipsey Hussle, and many more. With chapters covering motivation, creativity, authenticity, mental wellbeing, resilience, and more, the advice gleaned from these important artists' life experiences will help you to face up to your own challenges and inspire you to make simple changes that have major positive consequences.
- Award-winning rapper, singer, songwriter and producer J Cole on how to Define Success
- Grammy award-winning hip-hop- legend Nas on Maintaining Focus on What's Important
- A lesson in Committing to Inspiration from Flo Milli, viral TikTok sensation and Best New Artist nominee at the 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Big Sean on how to Take Time Off and Talk to Someone
- Multiple BET Hip Hop Awards nominee Action Bronson on how not to be discouraged
- Kenny Beats - producer of Vince Staples and Ed Sheeran - on the dangers of overthinking
- Grammy nominated Freddie Gibbs on Integrity
- Hip-hop royalty Pharrell Williams on the importance of always staying curious
- Mac Miller on reinvention
Adopt a hip-hop mindset to take control of your own narrative and become the best version of yourself with this book of 50 must-read lessons on creativity and self help that will inspire a new generation. Containing exclusive interviews with billion-streaming artists, including J Cole, Nas, Big Sean, Flo Milli, Action Bronson and many more, alongside contemporary illustrations by Ketu the Artist, which offer a fresh visual take on the self-help genre. This is a must-have volume for fans of hip-hop, alongside individuals with an interest in positive thinking, wellness and self-help.
"Grant Brydon compiles many of the major keys from some of the most prolific voices in hip-hop and draws a through-line to the hearts of their success stories... An entertaining and informative read." ? Kathy Iandoli, author of God Save The Queens: The Essential History of Women in Hip-Hop.
"A thoughtful collection of essays on hard work and creativity that taps into generous anecdotal wisdom about music and life from an array of personalities in the industry, past and present." ? Lance Scott Walker, author of DJ Screw: A Life In Slow Revolution.
"A brilliant tapestry of story and artistry by a seasoned journalist whose love for hip-hop flourishes here." ? Ciesay, co-founder of PLACES+FACES.
|Title:||Life Lessons from Hip-Hop|