"Essential reading, if you wish to be productive, positive, and graceful as you grow older.
As you grow older, would you be interested in remaining optimistic, youthful, and energetic?
Here are the personal mantras that have kept these eminent people productive beyond the age of 75:
* Dr. Karan Singh (erstwhile royalty from Kashmir, politician, diplomat, writer and scholar),
* Devaki Jain (gender economist and scholar),
* Fali S. Nariman (India’s foremost constitutional lawyer),
* Margaret Alva (career politician and former governor),
* Sushma Seth (acclaimed theatre and film actor),
* Mani Shankar Aiyer (career politician and diplomat),
* Dr. Syeda Hameed (writer, speaker, and gender rights activist).
The lived experiences of some 50 people have been brought together in this book by the Guild of Service, a national non-profit organisation, on the occasion of its golden jubilee.
The Guild works with underprivileged communities, especially widows and those who are ageing. It runs a home for elderly widows, but also steers national and international policy on behalf of elderly and marginalised women."
Mantras For Positive Ageing From 50 Eminent Indians