Everything you need to know about climate change from the causes to the evidence to the effects and what you can do to help combat it.
Climate change is already having dramatic and dangerous effects on life on Earth. But what does climate change really mean? What are people doing that could cause the whole planet to get warmer? How can simply driving a car or eating a burger end up impacting Earth's climate?
From fossil fuels and deforestation to car use and cow farts, we uncover the culprits of climate change and work out what can be done to combat it.
Scientists, inventors and technicians are coming up with creative solutions to try to reduce the effects of climate change, such as building floating homes, restoring flood plans and conserving water.
We show how proactive and inspiring people are taking action around the world from campaigning to making practical changes to their everyday lives, and you can find out what you can do to help too.
All facts were checked at the time of writing by a climate change scientist based at the Priestley International Centre for Climate at the University of Leeds.
- 1: CHAPTER 1: WHAT IS CLIMATE CHANGE?;
- 2: CLIMATE CHANGES IN THE PAST;
- 3: CLIMATE CHANGE TODAY;
- 4: CHAPTER 2: WHAT CAUSES CLIMATE CHANGE?;
- 5: FOSSIL-FUEL FOES;
- 6: TREE TROUBLES;
- 7: METHANE MATTERS;
- 8: NO LAUGHING MATTER;
- 9: CHAPTER 3: CLIMATE-CHANGE SCIENCE;
- 10: SCIENTISTS AT WORK;
- 11: THE VIEW FROM SPACE;
- 12: CHAPTER 4: EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE;
- 13: STORMY WEATHER;
- 14: OCEAN IMPACTS;
- 15: RISING SEA LEVELS;
- 16: WILDLIFE UNDER THREAT;
- 17: THE PROBLEMS WITH POSITIVE FEEDBACK;
- 18: CHAPTER 5: COPING WITH CLIMATE CHANGE;
- 19: FIGHTING FLOODS, STORMS AND RISING SEA LEVELS;
- 20: DESIGNING FOR DROUGHT;
- 21: CHAPTER 6: FIGHTING CLIMATE CHANGE;
- 22: RENEWABLE ENERGY;
- 23: INDUSTRIAL ACTIONS;
- 24: BIG IDEAS AND NEW TECHNOLOGY;
- 25: CHAPTER 7: TAKING ACTION;
- 26: FOLLOW THE THREE RS;
- 27: EATING OUR WAY OUT OF CLIMATE CHANGE;
- 28: SAVE THE PLANET!;
- 29: QUIZ;
- 30: GLOSSARY;
- 31: FIND OUT MORE;
- 32: INDEX;
|Title:||What is Climate Change?|
|Author:||Louise SpilsburyMike Gordon|