Terms of Delivery:
1. Crossword partners with third party logistic service providers in order to effectuate product delivery to users. Details of the Logistic Partner who will be processing the delivery of the purchased product(s) will be provided to the user upon the purchased product(s) being handed over to the Logistic Partner by Crossword. The user will also be provided with an approximate days of delivery of the purchased product. Crossword may also effectuate product delivery to users on its own without engaging Logistic Partners.
2. While Crossword aims to provide its services through the website and ensures the delivery of its products all across India, currently, Crossword has a select list of areas where delivery can be undertaken. At the time of placing an order for purchase of products on the Website, Users are required to enter their pin-code details to verify if deliveries can be carried out in their areas. If the area where the User wishes that the purchased Products be delivered is not within Crossword recognised delivery network, Crossword will not be able to process the order further.
3. Prior to making payments on the Website for the purchase of Products, the User will be prompted to provide a shipping address. While entering shipping address details, the User should ensure to provide correct, complete and accurate information along with sufficient landmarks in order to aid identification of the address. Any failure in delivering the purchased Products arising out of the User’s failure to provide correct, complete and accurate information shall not hold Crossword liable at any point in time.
4. A maximum of 3 (three) attempts shall be made to deliver purchased Products to the User. Should the User continue to remain unavailable after 3 (three) attempts, Crossword reserves the right to cancel the order pertaining to the purchased Products at its sole discretion. While Crossword shall make reasonable endeavours in ensuring that purchased Products are delivered to its Users in a timely manner, delivery may be delayed on account of:
- logistical issues beyond Crossword’ control
- unsuitable weather conditions
- political disruptions, epidemic, pandemic, strikes, employee-lockouts, etc.
- acts of God such as floods, earthquakes, etc.; and
- other unforeseen circumstances.
5. In such events of delay, Crossword shall make reasonable attempt at proactively intimating the User by writing to the User on his/her registered email account and/or mobile number. Crossword disclaims all liabilities that may arise on account of its failure to intimate the User of anticipated delays in the delivery of purchased Products on the Website. Further, Crossword shall be under no obligation to compensate the User for any mental agony or any tortuous claim that may otherwise arise on account of a delay in the shipment and delivery or use of the purchased Products.
6. Crossword, as an internal process, undertakes multiple diligences to ensure that their delivery executives and the individuals employed by their Logistic Partners are individuals with the highest regard for ethics and integrity. However, it is not possible for Crossword to ensure that its own delivery executives or employees of its Logistic Partners behave in a fashion that exudes thorough professionalism, competence and good mannerism. It is expressly clarified that any ill-mannerism, impoliteness, discourtesy or offensiveness shown by Crossword’ delivery executives or by the employees of the Logistic Partners is beyond Crossword’ control and any issue arising between a User and Crossword’ delivery executive or an employee of the Logistic Provider will have to be resolved by the User, independently.
7. Upon the successful placing of an order on the Website and after Crossword has successfully handed over the purchased Product(s) to its Logistic Partner, the User will receive a unique tracking identity number, which will enable the User in tracking the status of delivery of the purchased Products. The User may use the tracking identity number on the Website or the website and/or the mobile application of the Logistic Partner to check the whereabouts of the purchased Product and the estimated time of its delivery. Crossword shall make reasonable attempts in ensuring that the tracking status of the purchased Products is updated in a timely manner. However, Crossword does not guarantee the accuracy of the tracking status since it is updated on a real-time basis and is subject to inconsistencies arising out of time-lags in updating the information and other technicalities beyond Crossword’ control.
8. Crossword reserves the right to charge shipping charges on all the Products on the website, the payment for which is made by any online mode of payment. If charged, such charges shall not be refunded to the user on cancellations or returns of the purchased Products, even in the case of a Product having a defect at the time of delivery (for reasons attributable to, and accepted by Crossword after due verification at its sole discretion). Title and risk of loss for all purchased Products shall pass onto the User upon the delivery of the purchased Products to the User.
9. Return and exchange of purchased Products shall be carried out by Crossword’ reverse-logistics partners or its own delivery executives. Further details on how Users may process returns and exchanges of purchased Products have been set out under the Return and Refund Policy.
10. Shipping and Delivery charges
We shall charge the shipping and delivery fees as mentioned below from you. Shipping charges may vary based on the order value of the Product that you have added to the cart. You agree that we are authorized to collect, on behalf of the Logistic Partner, the shipping and delivery fees for the delivery service provided by the Logistic Partner. In the event we charge a shipping fees for the delivery of a purchased Product, such shipping fees shall not be refunded by us for any return or cancellation of the Product. You acknowledge and accept that the title and risk of all Products ordered by you shall pass on to you upon the delivery of the purchased Products to you.
Shipping and Delivery Fees shall be charged as below
11. Grievance Redressal
Any grievances relating to the Delivery Policy may be directed by you to the grievance officer of Crossword who can be contacted at 1800 3000 1203 10:30 am to 8:30 pm Monday to Friday estore@Crossword.in.