3. Fees & Payment Options
1. Crossword does not levy any fee for browsing the Platforms. Crossword may, in future, consider levying fees on the Users for using the Platforms as a whole, or for use of certain features of the Platforms. In such an event, you agree to pay any such fees, as applicable. Crossword does not covenant or guarantee providing you with a notice prior to enforcing such a levy of fees. Your continued usage of the Platforms after such change in the fees will be considered to be your acceptance of such changes.
2. In order to ensure User convenience, Crossword offers multiple payment options to Users. Crossword, without prior notice to Users, reserves the right to add or delete payment options from the ones listed below:
3. Any other payment option as may be provided by Crossword from time to time.
The payment options referred to above shall hereinafter collectively be referred to as “Payment Options”. While reasonable endeavours are made to offer the Payment Options through varied banking channels, presently, Crossword accepts payments only from major, select banking avenues.
4. It is expressly clarified that accepting a User’s payment through the Payment Options is solely at Crossword’ discretion. Crossword reserves the right to reject payment from a User through the Payment Options for any reason whatsoever. In order to further validate a User’s transaction, Crossword may request the User to submit a copy of the User’s photo identity proof (such as the User’s PAN card), failing which, Crossword reserves the right to reject a User’s payment made through the Payment Options.
5. While using the Payment Options, Users agree to provide correct, complete and accurate financial information such as credit/debit card details or prepaid payment instrument account details which may be stored by Crossword’ third party payment gateway provider. Users shall not use a credit/debit card or prepaid instrument which is not lawfully owned by him/her or which the User has not been lawfully authorised to use. The User shall solely be responsible for the security and confidentiality of his/her financial information. Crossword disclaims all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorised use of the User’s financial information and/or identity, including, details relating the Payment Options.
6. Crossword shall not be held responsible and shall not assume any liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by a User owing to:
- a lack of authorisation for any transaction, including such transactions carried out on gift cards and vouchers issued to Users as a part of Crossword’ promotions;
- the exceeding of the credit/debit limit mutually agreed between the User and the issuing bank;
- any payment issue arising out of technical glitches occurring during a transaction; or
- a declination of transaction for reasons beyond Crossword’ control.
7. Crossword reserves the right to impose limits on the number of transactions a User may undertake over the Platforms. Should the User exceed such transaction limits imposed by Crossword, Crossword reserves the right to refuse to process such transactions. Crossword may refuse to process transactions emanating from Users who have suspicious or questionable transaction history on the Platforms. Should Crossword be dissatisfied with the credibility of a User or the genuineness of a transaction carried out on the Platforms, Crossword shall have the right to reject such transactions. Crossword may also choose to delay the dispatch of Products purchased by such Users or cancel the entire purchase at its sole discretion. The User agrees that Crossword shall not be liable for any damage, interests or claims resulting from Crossword’ decision to not process a transaction or delay in the processing of a transaction on account of a User’s suspicious activity on the Platforms.
8. Unless specified otherwise, all the Products listed on the Platforms shall be sold in Indian Rupees either at maximum retail price or at an offer or discounted price, with or without applicable taxes. Despite Crossword’ best efforts, there may be instances of mispricing of Products on the Platforms during or after the process of purchase of Products has been carried out by the User. While thorough processes of verification are carried out prior to the publication of Product prices on the Platforms, errors and discrepancies arising out of technical glitches and time lags is unavoidable. For avoidance of doubt, Crossword’ curative actions that will arise in the event of a price difference arising on the actual maximum retail price of a Product against the price published on the Platforms is set out below:
- If the maximum retail price of the Product delivered to the User is lower than the price published on the Platforms, the User shall, within 24 (twenty-four) hours from the time when he/she received the Product, intimate Crossword by calling customer care number 1800 3000 1203 10:30 am to 8:30 pm Monday to Friday, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in each case resulting in an acknowledgment. Upon Crossword being satisfied of the User’s claim, the difference in the purchase price against the maximum retail price shall be refunded and transferred into the User’s bank account within 15 (fifteen) working days from the date of receiving the written notice from the User.
- If the maximum retail price of the Product listed on the Platforms is higher than what has been published and if Crossword is not providing an offer or discount on such Products, Crossword shall have the right to reserve the despatch of the purchased Products until the error on the Platforms have been rectified and the User pays the difference amount. If the User refuses to pay the difference, the User is entitled to seek a cancellation and the monies paid by the User shall be refunded and transferred back to the User within 15 (fifteen) working days by Crossword. Refunds of payments charged to the Cardholder’s card will only be credited back to the Cardholder’s card account, which was used to pay for the original order. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s card account as that is managed by the Cardholder’s issuing bank.
- In order to process such refunds, the User will be required to send an email to Crossword at email@example.com. Thereafter, Crossword may transfer the refund to the User’s source account that was used to make the initial payment.
8. To enable Users to make payments for buying Products on the Platforms, in addition to this Policy, the terms and conditions of the User’s bank, applicable financial institution and/or card issuing association may be applicable. The User’s bank, financial institution or card issuing association may decline or prevent the User from making electronic payments for buying the Products on the Platforms and Crossword does not control the same and hence, shall not be at any point in time held liable.
9. Crossword may, from time to time contract with third party payment service providers including banks, to open nodal bank accounts under applicable Indian laws. This will be done to facilitate the payments between Users and other third parties, apart from Crossword. These third parties may include other service providers including payment aggregators, prepaid instrument providers, courier and logistic service providers etc. Upon successful delivery of the Products purchased by you through the Platforms, Crossword shall initiate payments to third party service providers.
10. If it is brought to the User’s notice that a charge has been created on his/her payment instrument(s) for purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms and the User is not aware of such purchase on the Platforms, the User is first, required to verify if his/her family members, friends or business colleagues were authorised to carry out the purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms. If, despite this, the User continues to be unable to identify the charge created on his/her payment instrument(s) for purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms, the User may report such unauthorised purchase to Crossword within 15 (fifteen) days from the date on which the unauthorised purchase was carried out on the Platforms in order to enable Crossword initiate investigations.
11. Payment Options listed below are not available on Crossword. Crossword reserves the right not to provide any such Payment Options.
- Cash on Delivery
- Cheque or Demand Drafts
- Bank Deposits
- Bank Eft,
- ATM deposits
Any grievances relating to the Policy may be directed by you to the grievance officer of Crossword who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org