ABOUT THIS KIT - This Toykraft diy painting kit will enable you to make an authentic castle from Medieval times by using both construction and painting techniques.
WHAT IS IN THIS OFFERING? There are a large number of components and art materials provided. These include 18 Mountboard cutouts, 4 Cardboard tubes, 4 Cut-outs for turrets, Craft glue, 2 Acrylic paint bottles, Sponge pieces, Felt pen, string, 12 Soldier & 9 Shield cut-outs, Plastic straw and Twine, Metallic hex-nuts and an instruction manual
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE FROM THIS DIY KIT? You can construct a replica of a medieval castle - complete with castle drawbridge, soldiers and emblems using the above material.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ? Follow closely the diagrams and instructions provided in the manual to construct this enormous edifice. Follow this up by painting this fabulous mega-structure with acrylic paints to authenticate the castle look. Finally, string through twine as per the instruction diagram to make an actually operational drawbridge.
WHAT DO YOU LEARN FROM THIS TOYKRAFT HOBBY KIT? With this paper craft kit, kids express your art and craft skills in a multifold manner. You learn construction skills to make 3D objects, sponge painting and how to string together a working drawbridge. This Art and Craft activity offers a perfect alternative fun to keep kids busy, learning essential life skills. They get exposed to practical skills such as dexterity, material assembly, reading and understanding diagrams, and much more.
|Brand||PEGASUS TOY-KRAFT PRIVATE LIMITED.|
|Age Range (Description)||Kid|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||22 x 8 x 29 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||590 Grams|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Product Dimensions||22 x 8 x 29 cm; 590 Grams|
|Item model number||39699|
|Manufacturer recommended age||7 years and up|
|Manufacturer||PEGASUS TOY-KRAFT PRIVATE LIMITED.|
|Country of Origin||India|
|Item Weight||590 g|
|Net Quantity||1 count|
|Generic Name||Art & Craft DIY Kit|
Make Your Own Castle
Bring back the medieval times....... Construct a castle along these lines
Re-live the exciting era of Kings and Knights with this amazing Castle showpiece!
Construct a replica of a medieval castle - complete with castle drawbridge, soldiers, and emblems.
Paint this fabulous mega-structure with acrylic paints to authenticate the castle look.
Finally, string through twine as per the instruction diagram to make an actually operational drawbridge.
Lo and behold - this Castle from by-gone days comes to your pad to bring back memories of the adventures of brave Knights!
Art & Craft Material and instructions
Contents and making the castle frame
Mountboard cutouts: 18, Cardboard tubes: 4, Card cut-outs for turrets: 4, Adhesive: 1, Acrylic paints - brown, green, Sponge: 2, Brown felt pen: 1
String, Soldier cut-outs: 12, Shield cutouts: 9, Plastic straw: 1, Plastic Beads: 1 packet, Instruction manual
Method; Assemble the mount board cut-outs as per the instructions and diagrams in the manual
- Construct the castle walls
- Use Adhesive to connect all the parts edge to edge and also the cylinder rolls
- Construct the Castle base by sticking the 4 base cutouts edge to edge using adhesive.
- Turn over the first construction of the 3 walls with 2 castle pillars and apply adhesive to all the wall edges and cylinder circumferences.
- Construct the Castle building and the front wall
- Construct the drawbridge and attachments of other parts. For the construction of the drawbridge use plastic beads as design decor and plastic straws (on the front side of the drawbridge).
Painting and Castle accessories
A very authentic medieval castle!
Painting all these units
- Paint the castle with a flat tone of sandstone paint (brown). This is obtained by diluting the acrylic paint with water and using a sponge instead of a brush
- Create textures of light brown shades and ochre on the castle walls by different dilutions of brown acrylic paint with water
- Outline a brick pattern on the castle walls using the brown felt pen and ruler
- The floor or base in the castle interior can be painted with a mix of brown and green after dilution with water and again using a sponge instead of a brush. The collapsible gate for the castle ramp is painted dark brown.
Connect all the individual units, make turrets and other decors
- The front wall and castle building unit needs to be first joined to the castle base and the other 3 walls.
- Apply adhesive to the bottom section of this structure and also to the wall edges. Stick it firmly at right angles to the castle pillars and to the castle base,
- The string is run through the holed sections of the front wall, drawbridge and castle building entrance as shown below and tied at the back on the bent plastic straw.
- 4 conical turrets are made by first folding the the card cuts as shown and sticking the sides using adhesive.
- The soldiers are provided as punched cut-outs and can be stuck at vantage positions in the castle. Besides soldiers, also provided are shields which are stuck at regular intervals on the castle walls and building.